The station at Gibbstown, Co.Meath, on the disused line to Kingscourt was located some distance east of the village it was supposed to have served on the R163 road. Gibbstown Station opened in 1872 on an independent railway which ran between Navan and Kingscourt, latterly taken over by the Midland Great Western Railway who operated trains between Clonsilla through to Navan and Kingscourt. CIE withdrew passenger services over the line in 1947, but the section between Navan and Kingscourt was retained for goods, latterly for gypsum traffic until 2001 when these trains also ceased. Gibbstown only had one platform upon which was sited the now demolished single storey station building, as well as the wooden waiting shelter (possibly survives beneath the undergrowth). On the up side was a goods loop serving a goods platform and small stone built goods shed.