Goresbridge village, Co.Kilkenny, is located on the former 1870 built line from Bagnalstown to Palace East. This line, built initially by an independent company, was later worked by the Great Southern & Western Railway. The line to Palace East lost its passenger and goods services in 1931 and 1947 respectively, but remained open for the seasonal sugar beet traffic and was busy with GAA & other excursion trains also. All of this ceased in April 1963 when the line closed completely. Goresbridge Station had only one platform, single storey station building and an adjacent level crossing keepers house. Today, all of these remain, albeit in a derelict state. At the south end of the station was a siding once used to load the sugar beet traffic, and to this day the concrete buffer stop remains in situ.