Glasnevin on the north side of Dublin City once had its own station on the Great Southern & Western Railway's link line which ran from Islandbridge (near Heuston Station) to Amiens St Station (now Connolly) which opened via Glasnevin Jct in 1901. Glasnevin and Drumcondra stations were located between the two latter locations and opened with the line, but both closed when passenger services ceased over the route in 1910. Glasnevin Station was unusual in featuring a single island platform located between the up & down lines linked to the small elevated red bricked station via a footbridge. After the station closed the footbridge and platform were removed and the track re-aligned. Today the station building remains largely intact, now used as store for the adjacent Porterhouse Pub. Incidentally its sister station at Drumcondra reopened in 1998.