Glenageary, in one of the quieter of Dublin City's southern suburbs, which acquired its own station in 1867 on what is now the Dublin to Rosslare line. The section of railway through Glenageary was originally built on a former horse operated tramway used to bring stone from Dalkey Quarry to the harbour at Dun Laoghaire. In 1844 the tramway route was converted to the revolutionary Atmospheric Railway, but this lasted only 10 years, with the Dublin & Wicklow Railway converting the line to conventional railway use to Dalkey. The station at Glenageary is one of the most interesting on the DART line, with its main two storey building built of stone and brick, featuring two arches and a balcony, located on the up platform. The down platform at Glenageary also retains its D&WR built waiting shelter, complete with original cast iron supports. The original footbridge was replaced by a concrete type in the early 1980s for the DART electrification, but more recently an entirely new footbridge was also built which features lift shafts, Unusually Glenageary never had a signal cabin, the nearest ones been located at Dalkey and Sandycove.