Grangecon, Co.Wicklow, was the smallest station constructed on the Great Southern & Western Railway's long branchline from Sallins to Tullow, which opened in stages, the last of which was from Colbinstown through Grangecon to Tullow in 1889. The station, located near the village unlike many in Ireland, had a 120ft long single platform complete with small wooden & corrugated iron station building and waiting shelter. The original station buildings at Grangecon were destroyed in 1922 during the Civil War, and were replaced by a single storey concrete structure. The station had no signal cabin or goods shed, just a siding on the down side. In 1938 Grangecon became a halt under Baltinglass. The long branch was never heavily used and passenger services on the route were suspended in 1944 following coal shortages. It reopened briefly only to be closed to regular passenger and goods traffic in 1947. The line to Tullow remained open however for occasional cattle specials before finally closing completely in 1959. The station building at Grangecon remains, now extended and used as stables. The station masters house, merely two railway cottages, also remain, as does the former road overbridge at the north end of the station.