Grange, south Co.Kilkenny, is located on the cross country Waterford to Limerick line, opened by the Waterford & Limerick Railway in 1853, and taken over by the Great Southern & Western in 1901. Grange was more of a halt than a full sized station which only served a very small village. Nevertheless it boasted up & down platforms, with a two storey station building on the up side, and a waiting shelter/goods store provided on the down side. At the east end of the station is the level crossing, and adjacent to which is the GSWR built signal cabin. Grange Station closed in 1963, but remained a block post until 1974, after which the signal cabin was reduced to a gatebox. The 1850s station building itself is unusual of the type built on the line and retains its original veranda and wooden benches. A siding and loading bank once existed on the east side of the level crossing beyond the signal cabin.