Glanmire Rd Station in Cork City, was opened by the Great Southern & Western Railway in 1855 as the terminus of the mainline from Dublin, and was later expanded and rebuilt to accommodate the Cork & Youghal Railway which ran east to Youghal and Cobh following the GSWR's takeover of these lines in 1865. The large brick station building, complete with its excellent curved train shed, has recently been renovated. The Cobh and Midleton (Youghal line) services terminate at the bay platforms at the west end of the station. Also at the west end of the station is the large engine shed, now used as stabling sidings for the Mk4 rolling stock on the Cork line. The south side the station is flanked by the former freight yard and goods loop, which is now no longer in use. At the north end of the station is the 1355 yard long Cork Tunnel, the 2nd longest in Ireland. At one time a connecting line ran from Glanmire Rd Station to the closed 1961 Albert Quay Station via the Cork City Tramway on the south side on the River Lee, it was last used by freight in 1976 and is now lifted.