Grand Canal Dock
Grand Canal Dock is located within the business district of Dublin City, located on the south side of the River Liffey. The station at Grand Canal Dock was opened in 2001 to serve the new offices and commercial buildings around the Grand Canal basin which have gradually become established in the area over the last ten years. The station has up and down platforms, the up side effectively an island platform which is not in regular use. Part of the platforms at the north end of the station are located above the canal basin, while the station buildings are located at the south end on the down side. Before 2001, the station site was the former Dublin & South Eastern Railway workshops until 1925, after which it was developed into a locomotive and engineering depot.