Avoca, Co.Wicklow, is located on the Dublin & South South Eastern's Dublin to Rosslare line between Rathdrum and Arklow. The station, opened in the line in 1863 was closed to passengers in 1964, but remained in use for excursion traffic until the late 1980s. The loop, along with a siding on the up side were removed in the late 1970s. On the up side of the station there was a small narrow gauge mineral line which ran beneath the mainline in a tunnel and carried ore to the station for onward transit by DSER trains.
The typical Dublin Wicklow & Wexford Railway station building remains on the down side along with the water tower. Part of the down platform and retaining wall also remain in situ, but the up platform is derelict. The former goods yard however has been built over, and the engine shed located beyond the road overbridge has been demolished.