Killonan Junction station, Co.Limerick, located just west of the city of the same on the Waterford & Limerick Railway's 1840s built line from Limerick Junction, latterly operated by the Great Southern & Western Railway, was the point of diversion for passengers travelling to Ballybrophy via Nenagh. The junction is located at the eastern end of the former 1848 built station, which had up & down platforms with the main single storey building located on the down side. Also on the down side is the GSWR signal cabin adjacent to a level crossing. The station was closed in September 1963, the building now a private residence with the former platforms being largely cut back away from the line. The GSWR once had double track between Killonan and Limerick Junction, but this was singled in 1929 by the Great Southern Railway.