Killucan, Co.Westmeath, is located roughly half way between Mullingar and Enfield on the main Dublin to Sligo line. The station, which serves an adjacent small village, closed to passengers in November 1947. The station however retained its signal cabin to control the loop and crossing gates. Today, the signal cabin is redundant following CTC introduction recently, and now the loop is controlled from Dublin's Connolly Station's signalling centre. The single storey station building at Enfield has been partially demolished, however the unusually designed goods shed remains intact. Both up & down platforms remain and have the distinctive raised/lower ends of the Midland Great Western Railway design. The station had opened with the line to Mullingar in October 1848.