The large fishing town of Kinsale, Co.Cork, was first served by rail when the Cork & Kinsale Jct Railway built an 11 mile branch line from the town which ran north to join the Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's main line from Cork to Bantry. Opening in June 1867, it was latterly operated by the CBSCR. Never a profitable branch, it was closed by the Great Southern Railway in September 1931. The former terminus station at Kinsale remains, and consists of large two storey station building, complete with single platform. Opposite the station building is the corrugated iron goods shed and platform, which remains in a semi derelict condition. All other station buildings have been demolished.