Kilmakerril Halt was on the former Sligo Leitrim & Northern Counties line, which ran from Sligo to Enniskillen from 1880 until closure in October 1957. The SLNCR constructed a halt on the line in the town land of Kilmakerill in July 1929. it boasted just one platform and a corrugated iron station building. Remarkably this remains intact, albeit in a derelict state. The halt is located just off the N16 road to Enniskillen. Just west of the halt is Kilmakerrill summit, the highest point on the SLNCR line.