Kilmurry Station, Co.Clare, served only a sparsely populated area on the narrow gauge West Clare Railway, which opened in stages in 1887 & 1895, and ran from Ennis to Kilkee and Kilrush. The West Clare was the last narrow gauge line in Ireland, and despite modernisation it finally closed in 1961. The station at Kilmurry had one platform and small single storey station building. There was a loop and siding serving a goods shed at the south end of the station also. Today the buildings remain as a private residence.