Kilmallock, Co.Limerick, is located north of Charleville on the Great Southern & Western Railway's Dublin to Cork main line. The station, although serving a large enough village, was closed in March 1976. Today, the derelict 1849 built GSWR station buildings remain on the up side of the line. These include the main building and water tower. Part of the down platform remains however. The disused Victorian footbridge remained in situ until 2009. The station remained a block post until 1988, when the signal cabin was finally closed.