Baldoyle, located on the northern extremity of Dublin City's suburbs once had its own station located on the main Dublin to Belfast line. Baldoyle was one of the original stations built in 1844 by the the Dublin & Drogheda Railway, who opened their line between the city and Drogheda in the same year. The station building was located on the up side of the line and would have had wooden platforms like many other early D&DR stops.
When the Howth branch opened in 1846 it too served the Baldoyle area, and this station was thus largely replaced by a newer station nearer to Sutton. Although Baldoyle Station closed in 1848, the station building survived for many years after, though much altered, until the late 1980s when it was demolished. The adjacent 1844 built road overbridge was also replaced by a modern concrete structure in the late 1990s to serve the new Baldolye Road. Today no trace of the station remains.