Batterstown, Co.Meath, is located on the Clonsilla to Navan line. The line was built by the Dublin & Meath Railway in 1863, and was latterly operated by the Midland Great Western Railway who eventually took over the line entirely. The MGWR had at one time double track as far as Drumree on this line, but this was singled beyond Clonsilla in 1931. Passenger services on the line ceased in 1947 but sporadic goods and specials trains ran until 1963, the track been lifted the following year.
The single storey station building at Batterstown has been extended since closure, but both platforms survive in good condition. At the time of closure there was just a single siding facing Navan just beyond the station buildings, the signal cabin having been closed and demolished some years earlier. Whilst the section of line from Clonsilla to Dunoyne south of Batterstown was re-opened in September 2010, the re instatement of the remaining part of the line to Navan remains uncertain.