Ballysadare, Co.Sligo, is located on the Midland Great Western Railway's Dublin to Sligo line, and is the last station before Sligo itself. The station opened with the line in 1862, but closed to passengers in 1963 and to goods in 1975. The station had two platforms, but the up platform and signal cabin have been demolished since the track upgrading. The derelict station buildings and goods shed are on the down side. Until the late 1950s, Ballysadare Station was shared between CIE and the Sligo Leitrim and Northern Counties Railway, who operated trains to and from Sligo and Enniskillen. The line from Ballysadare to Sligo was worked as double track until 1959 when the SLNCR line closed, and was lifted soon after. At the north end of the station there as a long siding which diverged through a short rocky cutting into Ballysadare Flour Mill, but was lifted in the late 1960s.