Borris village is located on the Bagnalstown to Palace East line, which opened in 1866 and was latterly operated by the Great Southern & Western Railway. The line lost its passenger service in 1934 and goods in 1947. Sugar beet and specials kept the line open until 1963 when it finally closed. Borris has a single storey stone building with an adjacent halt keepers house. The station only ever had one platform, a loop siding as well as a small GSWR wooden signal cabin. Part of the platform retaining wall survives. Just south of the station is the impressive 16 arch viaduct built in 1860.