Ballindine, Co.Mayo, is a small village which once had a station on the Waterford Limerick & Western Railway's Limerick to Sligo line, opened in 1894 and latterly operated by the Great Southern & Western. The station at Ballindine, located on Western Rail Corridor between Athenry and Claremorris, had just one platform on the up side, on which is the two storey station building. On the down side was a siding serving a loading bank and goods shed.
The station closed in 1963, although passenger services over the Limerick to Claremorris line did not end until 1976. Freight traffic continued until the late 1990s, after which the line became semi derelict. However, the section south of Ballindine between Tuam and Athenry is proposed for reopening in the future, but whether the section north to Claremorris will re-open remains to be seen. South of the station there is a large automatic level crossing on the N17 road, which is protected by two aspect colour lights.