Ballinamallard, Co.Fermanagh, is located on the former Great Northern Railway's Irish Northwest line which between Enniskillen and Omagh, which had opened in August 1854. The GNR network throughout this part of the county closed completely in 1957 when the Northern Ireland government withdrew support for services on these lines.
The station buildings at Ballinamallard survive, though they have been extended across the platform site to reach the former goods shed opposite. The buildings are now a childrens' play centre and inside there are some old pictures of the station in GNR days. North of the town is a rather tall stone arch bridge which carries the line across a river located just off the B46 road to Enniskillen.