Ballinhassig Station, Co.Cork, served a small hamlet located on the Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's line from Cork to Bantry. Originally opened by the Cork & Bandon Railway in June 1849, the station served as temporary terminus until completion of the line to Cork City in December 1851. Ballinhassig had up & down platforms, with the wooden station building and signal cabin located on the up side, while the station masters house was on the down side behind the platform. The West Cork lines were closed by CIE in March 1961 and today the platforms remain, along with the brick built base of the signal cabin and station masters house. At the east end of the station the line enters the 906 yard long Gogginshill Tunnel.