Ballyhooly, Co.Cork, was located on the former Mallow to Waterford line. The section of line from Mallow to Fermoy was built by Great Southern & Western Railway in 1860, where it made a connection with the Fermoy & Lismore Railway. Although the station at Ballyhooly served a small village it boasted up & down platforms, a loop and goods yard.
The single storey station building was located on the up platform, and is similar to that built at Castletownroche, featuring distinctive windows. At the south end of the station is the small GSWR wooden built signal cabin, which dates from the 1860s, adjacent to which is the former goods shed and yard. The stone built goods shed is, as well as the signal cabin, is now part of the Old Train House B&B who have preserved these two ancient railway structures. Between the station building and the goods yard is the station masters house, now a private residence. The Mallow to Waterford line ceased operation in 1967. Ballyhooly itself, which had a sparse passenger service, remained a 'switched out' block towards the end.