The small community of Bush, Co.Louth, was located on the Dundalk Newry & Greenore Railway line from Dundalk to Greenore, which opened in May 1873. The line was partly owned by the Lonon & North Western Railway, but after 1923 the Great Northern Railway operated the line until its closure at the end of 1951. The small station at bush remains in use as a local co-op store, this being the brick built booking office, but the single platform has been demolished. The disused road overbridge adjacent to the station site has been restored, along with others along the former railway line, this work been carried out by local communites.