Ballydehob, west Co.Cork, was the most important intermediate station on the 1886 built Schull & Skibbereen Tramway, which opened in June of that year. Regular passenger and goods services on the Schull & Skibbereen line ceased in January 1947, but the line remained in situ until June 1953, when it was closed completely by CIE. The station at Ballydehob was located at the east end of the large village and consisted of an island platform. Today the station buildings remain, these include the main single storey building which has been considerably extended, the large corrugated iron goods shed and station masters house. Part of the platform on the up side of the station also remains. Located just west of the station is the impressive 12-arch Ballydehob Viaduct, which is now a walkway.