Bective, Co.Meath, is located on the former Clonsilla to Navan line, built by the Dublin & Meath Railway in 1863, and latterly operated by the Midland Great Western Railway. The line lost its passenger service in 1947 but remained open to goods and special trains until 1963. The single storey station buildings at Bective remain.. Part of the single platform survives, though now filled in. At the time of closure, Bective had one single siding beyond the station buildings, it never had a signal cabin. The line from Clonsilla has since re-opened as far as Dunboyne in September 2010, but reinstatement of the remaining section to Navan remains uncertain.