The large village of Ballineen, Co.Cork, was located on the former Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's main line from Cork to Bantry. The line through Ballineen was first built by the West Cork Railway in June 1866, and was latterly operated by the CBSCR. The station, known officially as 'Ballineen & Enniskean', replaced two separate stations which served these villages in May 1891. The station, along with the West Cork lines were eventually closed by CIE in March 1961. Today the 1890s built station remains, along with the up & down platforms, though they are covered over. At the west end of the station is the corrugated iron goods shed and platform, now used by a local golf club. The now derelict and original 1866 built station also survives, located on the western outskirts of the village.