Ballyvary, Co.Mayo, is one of two intermediate stations on the Midland Great Western Railway's Ballina branch, which opened in 1876. Ballyvary was a late addition to the Ballina branch and was opened in 1894. The station however was closed in 1963, but unlike its counterpart at Foxford, it was not reopened. The station building, unusually large and built of brick, survive in good order but the platform has been demolished. There was also once a small goods shed at the south end of the station but this has long since been demolished.