Belview, Co.Kilkenny, is the location for the Port of Waterford situated on the River Suir just downstream from Waterford City itself. The port at Belview was established in 1994 along the river bank adjacent to the Waterford to Rosslare Harbour line, which was opened by the Fishguard & Rosslare Railways & Harbour Company in 1906 and operated by the Great Southern & Western.
Belview replaced the earlier primary container port nearer to Waterford at Frank Cassin Wharf and was funded by Bell Lines shipping who operated container trains on the Irish Rail network until 1997, after which container traffic to Belview partially ceased. In 2004 however, Norfolk Line (now DFDS) established a container train service from Belview to Ballina and Dublin. New rolling stock for Irish Rail is also delivered to the port for transfer by rail to Limerick.