Blarney, Co.Cork, located on the main Dublin to Cork line south of Mallow, and just north of the famous castle from which the station takes its name. The 1850 built station building at Blarney, located on the one time up platform, was the largest type of this section of the Cork line. There was once a small waiting shelter on the down platform also. Both platforms were demolished when the station closed completely in 1963. The former goods shed, located on the south side of the road overbridge, also remains, now used for storage for a local farm business. A new station is to be built at Blarney by 2012 with the introduction of a commuter service between Mallow and Cork.