Boyle, Co.Roscommon, is located on the main Dublin to Sligo line, opened by the Midland Great Western in 1862. Boyle Station is one of the most attractive on this section of the Sligo line, it retains nearly all of its original MGWR buildings, such as the stone built two storey station building, waiting room, signal cabin and original footbridge. Although modernisation in the form of CTC has made the mechanical signalling redundant the station still remains attractive to photograph. The station also has numerous floral and water displays on both its up & down platforms. There was once a goods store located at the Sligo end of the station, but this was demolished in the 1990s and the adjacent sidings were removed.