Ballywillan Station, Co.Longford, is an excellently preserved station on the former Midland Great Western Railway line from Inny Junction to Cavan, which opened in 1856. The line lost its passenger service in 1947 but regular goods services survived until 1960. The station building, complete with its 1920s Great Southern Railway name board, survives, as well as the up & down platforms which are also in a very fine condition. The goods shed and typical MGWR cabin are also preserved, along with the water tower base. The only thing missing from Ballywillan's former glory is the wooden MGWR waiting room and footbridge.