The village of Ballyduff, Co.Waterford, had a station on the former Mallow to Waterford line. The line through Ballyduff was first opened in 1872 by the Fermoy & Lismore Railway, who connected the large towns of Lismore and Fermoy, where they made a connection with the already existing line from Mallow. The F&LR was taken over by the Great Southern & Western in 1882. The station at Ballyduff was located within the scenic Blackwater Valley some distance west of the village it served.
The station had up & down platforms, with the main two storey stone built station building on the up side, and small waiting shelter on the down side, beyond which at the western end was the wooden GSWR signal cabin. A small stone built goods shed, loading bank and siding where located also at the west end of the station on the up side. The scenic Mallow to Waterford line closed 1967. Today, the 1872 built station has been extended considerably across the former platforms. The signal cabin still survives, it too extended and partially rebuilt. Only the small stone built goods store remains largely intact since railway days.