Blackweir Station, Co.Clare, was the only intermediate station between Moyasta Junction and Kilkee on the 1895 constructed narrow gauge West Clare Railway which originated in Ennis. The West Clare was the last narrow gauge line in Ireland, finally closing in 1961. Blackweir Station had a single platform and single storey station building, similiar to others on the line serving sparsely populated areas. The singe platform and building remain, though very much extended. Adjacent to the former station level crossing are some interesting old Irish road signs.