Bridgetown, south Co.Wexford, is a small village that was served until recently by trains operated to and from Waterford and Rosslare Harbour. The line was opened as late as August 1906 by the Great Southern & Western Railway. Bridgetown Station once had an island platform, footbridge, small goods yard and corrugated iron station building, typical of the type to be found on the line. Today only the island platform remains. Passenger services over the south Wexford line ceased in September 2010, although the track remains in situ.