Bawnboy Road, Co.Cavan, was a small station on the Cavan & Leitrim narrow gauge line between Ballinamore and Belturbet which opened in the 1887, and was eventually closed by CIE 1959. The station is located off the R205 road and is some distance from the village of Bawnboy, hence the term 'Road'. The station is in good order and is a single storey red bricked structure similar to the larger station buildings on the former C&L system. The building has been extended across the station platform site at the west end. One of the level crossing gate posts are also still in situ.